Johanna Konta has split with the Spanish coach who helped her become the first British woman in 32 years to be ranked in the world’s top 10 tennis players, British media reported on Thursday.
“I am no longer working with Johanna but I want to give Johanna the opportunity to speak about it rather than me,” coach Esteban Carril told the Daily Mail.
There was no immediate comment from the 25-year-old Australian-born player.
The BBC said the British number one, who was ranked 147 in June last year but reached the semi-finals of the Australian Open in January and won her first WTA Tour title at Stanford in July, was now training at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.
She secured a place in the top 10 in October — the first British woman to rise so high in the rankings since Jo Durie in 1984 — when she reached the China Open final and was voted the WTA’s most improved player of 2016.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016