Ivo Karlovic hit 16 aces to beat last year’s runner-up Steve Johnson 7-6 (5), 6-3 Monday on the opening day of the Erste Bank Open.
The eighth-seeded Croat saved six break points as he held serve throughout and converted the only chance he got on the American’s serve at 3-2 in the second set.
Karlovic next plays qualifier Damir Dzumhur of Bosnia-Herzegovina, who defeated the 43rd-ranked Nicolas Almagro of Spain 6-3, 5-7, 6-0.
Also, John Isner held off all seven break points against his serve as he rallied to defeat Jan-Lennard Struff of Germany 6-7 (1), 6-3, 6-4.
Karen Khachanov beat Andreas Seppi 6-4, 6-4 to set up a match against second-seeded Tomas Berdych or Nikoloz Basilashvili of Georgia.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Andy Murray is the top-seeded player at the Austrian indoor event.