Clay has long been Maria Sharapova’s least favoured surface, but the Russian, who takes on Eugenie Bouchard on Thursday, is on the brink of reaching her third successive French Open final, a feat she has never achieved in the other grand slams.
Sharapova, who won the title in Paris in 2012 and lost in the final last year, will need to douse the up-and-coming Bouchard, the 18th seed who has yet to beat a top-ranked player at Roland Garros.
Seventh seed Sharapova has been showing her usual fighting spirit, overcoming the loss of the first set in her last two matches.
The other semi-final on court Philippe Chatrier will feature German 28th seed against Romanian fourth see Simona Halep, who has been blazing her way through the draw.
Halep, who compensates her lack of power with her tactical nous, has lost just over four games per match and has yet to drop a set.
She won the 2008 junior title and will face an opponent she beat a year ago in the final of the Nuremberg claycourt tournament.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More