Fourth-seeded Pablo Cuevas beat Slovak qualifier Jozef Kovalik 6-4, 7-6 (4) to reach the European Open quarterfinals on Wednesday.
The Uruguayan had 11 aces, and broke Kovalik once in each set in their second-round match.
In first-round action, fifth-seeded Gilles Simon of France beat another qualifier, Germany’s Yannick Maden, 6-3, 6-2. Simon, a losing semifinalist to Andy Murray at the Shanghai Masters last weekend, was ruthless in converting five of six break-point chances.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Third-seeded Richard Gasquet played his second-round match against Spaniard Inigo Cervantes later Wednesday.