Fourth-seeded Pablo Cuevas beat Slovak qualifier Jozef Kovalik 6-4, 7-6 (4) to reach the European Open quarterfinals on Wednesday.
The Uruguayan had 11 aces, and broke Kovalik once in each set in their second-round match.
In first-round action, fifth-seeded Gilles Simon of France beat another qualifier, Germany’s Yannick Maden, 6-3, 6-2. Simon, a losing semifinalist to Andy Murray at the Shanghai Masters last weekend, was ruthless in converting five of six break-point chances.
Third-seeded Richard Gasquet played his second-round match against Spaniard Inigo Cervantes later Wednesday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More