Top seed Rafa Nadal was granted an easy passage into the second round of the Australian Open after his opponent Bernard Tomic retired hurt after losing the opening set of their match 6-4 on Tuesday.
Australian Tomic was jeered by spectators at the Rod Laver Arena after he told Nadal he would no longer go on, having appeared uncomfortable with an apparent thigh injury.
Tomic left the court for a medical time-out for several minutes at the change of ends at 2-1 and later ripped a bandage off his high left thigh at the urging off his camp.
“I just want to say for Bernard, I hope he really gets better very soon,” world number one Nadal said in the courtside interview.
Nadal will play Australian wildcard Thanasi Kokkinakis in the second round.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More