Top seed Rafa Nadal was granted an easy passage into the second round of the Australian Open after his opponent Bernard Tomic retired hurt after losing the opening set of their match 6-4 on Tuesday.
Australian Tomic was jeered by spectators at the Rod Laver Arena after he told Nadal he would no longer go on, having appeared uncomfortable with an apparent thigh injury.
Tomic left the court for a medical time-out for several minutes at the change of ends at 2-1 and later ripped a bandage off his high left thigh at the urging off his camp.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“I just want to say for Bernard, I hope he really gets better very soon,” world number one Nadal said in the courtside interview.
Nadal will play Australian wildcard Thanasi Kokkinakis in the second round.