Novak Djokovic took a tumble in the first set but returned to his feet quickly to complete a 6-0 6-4 6-4 trouncing of Argentine Leonardo Mayer and march into the third round of the Australian Open on Wednesday.
Bidding for a fourth consecutive title at Melbourne Park, the world number two stayed cool on a day of baking heat at Rod Laver Arena, to race through the match in less than two hours.
Mayer was outclassed in all facets of the contest and although he saved one match point, his fate was sealed on Djokovic’s second opportunity when the Argentine pushed the ball long.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Djokovic next plays Russian 30th seed Dmitry Tursunov.