Former British number one Anne Keothavong will succeed Andy Murray’s mother Judy as her country’s Fed Cup captain, the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) said on Tuesday.
Her first assignment will be the Euro/Africa Zone Group 1 ties in Tallinn, Estonia following next year’s Australian Open.
London-born Keothavong, whose brother James is a top-level umpire, retired, aged 29, in 2013 and has been working as a TV pundit for BT Sport since.
She reached a career-high ranking of 48th in 2009 – the first British woman to crack the top 50 for 16 years.
“I think Anne is a great choice as our next Fed Cup captain,” British number one Johanna Konta said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“She will lead from real life experience because she was a winner on court and she knew what it took to step up and play for her country.”