WWE Survivor Series has traditionally featured seasoned wrestlers and professionals in their field but that would change on November 20. Thanks to Shane McMahon’s landscape changing and possibly match changing decision on Tuesday night in Glasgow, Scotland on Smackdown Live.
If the Six-man Tag Team match for the main event wasn’t enough to get the crowd roaring in Europe, the announcement by Shane-o-Mac to introduce a different member of the Smackdown Roster for the traditional 5-on-5 men’s Survivor Series match surely did. Additionally, the SmackDown Women’s Title Match between Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss also promised much but was eventually marred in controversy.
The Smackdown team for the Survivor Series comprised of WWE World Champion AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton and Baron Corbin and like Raw a day prior, there was plenty of infighting and problems with team unity. Styles and Ambrose got into a war of words, Corbin walked out and the Wyatt Family just stood strongly in the ring.
And just like Stephanie McMahon did on Raw, Shane had the five superstars and Randy Orton fight it out to get their aggression in order. The contest featured New Wyatt Family of Bray, Orton and Harper against Ambrose, Corbin and James Ellsworth (Smackdown Live’s official mascot).
Before the main event could get underway, Smackdown Live were dealt a big blow in their preparations for the Survivor Series when Cobin was hurt in his contest against Kalisto.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Having tasked with finding a quick replacement, Smackdown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan struggled with his options and just as the main event came to a close, Bryan made his choice. And it was none other than SHANE McMAHON! After getting a rousing approval from the Glasgow audience, Shane also relented and will be Smackdown’s fifth member at the pay-per-view.
ALL THE RESULTS:
Breezango def. The Vaudevillains in a 10-on-10 SmackDown LIVE Survivor Series Tag Team Qualifying Match
Naomi def. Natalya
Baron Corbin vs. Kalisto ended in a No Contest
SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch def. Alexa Bliss
Brian Kendrick to face Kalisto for the Cruiserweight Championship at Survivor Series
Curt Hawkins def. Apollo Crews
Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton & Luke Harper def. Dean Ambrose, James Ellsworth & Kane