Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns don’t necessarily see eye-to-eye anymore but it was the previous coming to the latter’s rescue on WWE Monday night Raw at the close of the show which celebrated Halloween. Despite being in plenty of pain post the Hell in a Cell onslaught with Rusev on Sunday, Reigns accepted Chris Jericho’s challenge to defend his US Championship and the match had its official blessing from Mick Foley. This gave Jericho the chance to win the only title he hadn’t won in his long WWE career.
But the night started with Paul Heyman – Brock Lesnar’s manager – and Rusev confronting Goldberg ahead of his Survivor Series mega contest against Lesnar. The duo questioned Goldberg’s ability to take on The Beast with stamina and age not particularly on his side. However, those questions were ably to put to rest by Goldberg who landed a Jackhammer on Rusev and a Spear that sent Heyman to the hospital. The contest is scheduled to take place on November 20.
— Paul Heyman (@HeymanHustle) 1 November 2016
In the final fight of the night, Jericho had the chance to win… it. The United States Championship. But he had to get it from Reigns’ clutches and the Canadian wrestler had his friend and WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens by his side to support him if required.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
And as things panned out, Reigns delivered a brutal Superman Punch on Jericho and followed that up with a Spear. With opportunity to win things, The Big Dog went for the pin but Owens jumped in to help Jericho from a defeat. However that allowed Jeri-KO to continue to assault Reigns in a two-on-one affair until Seth Rollins came waltzing to the ring and then broke the hegemony before a long, pointed stare down with Reigns left the WWE Universe wanting for more.
WWE Raw Results:
Paul Heyman and Rusev confronted Goldberg
Enzo Amore def. Luke Gallows in a Trick or Street Fight
TJ Perkins def. WWE Cruiserweight Champion The Brian Kendrick via Count-out
Braun Strowman won a Battle Royal to qualify for the 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Men’s Elimination Match
Rich Swann, Cedric Alexander & Lince Dorado def. Tony Nese, Drew Gulak & Ariya Daivari
Nia Jax def. Bayley
Cesaro & Sheamus def. The Shining Stars
U.S. Champion Roman Reigns def. Chris Jericho via Disqualification