The main event on WWE Monday night Raw had Kevin Owens defend his WWE Universal Championship title against Seth Rollins in a no disqualification match with ‘buddy’ Chris Jericho banned from the ring, but that possibly didn’t get the biggest cheer from the crowd in Toronto.
Right at the start of the show, after reminder of what had transpired between Goldberg and Brock Lesnar at the Survivor Series on Sunday, the WCW icon walked across from the locker room to address the WWE Universe. In typical brash manner, Goldberg addressed the audience on his promised farewell from the WWE after coming out of a 12-year-retirement to take on Lesnar and thrash him in under 90 seconds.
ALSO READ | Goldberg makes massive announcement on WWE Raw
With an expected farewell, and script following that to the tee, Goldberg changed the order of WWE Raw and of the sport itself for the next few months when he announced his acceptance of Stephanie McMahon’s offer to have a go at a title at Wrestlemania. But for that, he would have to bag a title shot which would happen at Royal Rumble in January!
Later in the show, Rollins went after Owens’ title and he had his former Shield teammate Roman Reigns banned to ensure parity and fairness for the title match announced by General Manager Mick Foley. However, Jericho bent the rules by wearing a Sin Cara mask and Shinsuke Nakamura hoodie to attack Rollins from the edge of the audience area. Rollins managed to unmask Jericho and hauled him into the ring and dispatched a Pedigree but the distraction did enough for Owens to capitalise and pin Rollins.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
WWE Raw Results:
Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day def. Cesaro & Sheamus
Cedric Alexander def. Ariya Daivari
Rusev def. Enzo Amore
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson def. The Golden Truth to become No. 1 contenders to the Raw Tag Team Championship
Braun Strowman def. Sami Zayn via Match stoppage
Sasha Banks & Bayley def. Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair & Nia Jax
Rich Swann def. TJ Perkins and Noam Dar to become No. 1 contender to the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens def. Seth Rollins in a No Disqualification Match