WWE universe celebrated and roared in unison when Goldberg announced his intention to battle it out with 29 other superstars for the Royal Rumble title in order to have a shot at the WWE Universal Championship belt at Wrestlemania. Taking the ring first at WWE Raw on Monday night, the WCW icon narrated the episode which saw him going back on his promise of bidding adieu to the ring after Survivor Series. On Sunday night, at Survivor Series, Goldberg ended his 12-year hiatus from the ring and took on the mammoth challenge that is facing Brock Lesnar.
And that challenge proved to be a whimper when Lesnar was defeated in just 84 seconds for what turned into a beating for the Beast Incarnate. With two spears and a Jackhammer, Goldberg destroyed Lesnar and ended his period of dominance that had last seen him leave Randy Orton a bloody mess at SummerSlam.
Post the win, Goldberg was asked by WWE Raw’s Commissioner Stephanie McMahon whether he had a title shot left in him after the beating he handed out to Lesnar. And in typical Goldberg manner, he announced on Raw, that he was not going to back out from a challenge.
However, his way to the potential title challenge had its shortest route in the form of participation in the Royal Rumble match that would see him become one of the 30 competitors who would bid for a title shot.
Twitterverse was also abuzz with excitement after the announcement that could shape up the WWE for the next few months or at least till Royal Rumble in January in Texas.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Wouldn’t surprise me if Goldberg won the 2017 Royal Rumble. Batista won it and he wasn’t over at all…Goldberg is.#Raw
— Robby The Brain™ (@RobbyTheBrain) 22 November 2016
Anyone who got those crazy 500/1 odds on Goldberg to win the rumble at the start of the year must be having a good time tonight. #RAW
— Adam Pacitti (@adampacitti) 22 November 2016
For the record, I tried to book Goldberg vs Kevin Steen like 10 years ago. Figured it would get lots of buzz.
— Gabe Sapolsky (@BookItGabe) 22 November 2016
— WWE Creative Humor (@WWECreative_ish) 22 November 2016
Incredible. Everyone in the biz desires to come back and do what Goldberg is doing right now and crush it. Enjoying this ride.
— Court Bauer (@courtbauer) 22 November 2016
— NoDQ.com – WWE News (@nodqdotcom) 22 November 2016
SO DAMN HAPPY FOR MY FRIEND !@Goldberg 👊
— Mauro Ranallo (@mauroranallo) 22 November 2016
The winnner of the Royal Rumble goes on to compete in the Wrestlemania showdown for the championship match. Do you think Goldberg has it in him to get that surprise win and keep this momentum going?