Vijender Singh kept his unbeaten run in Pro Boxing alive with yet another knockout win over Hungary’s Alexander Horvath at the Echo Arena in Liverpool. The Bhiwani boxer achieved the knockout victory in the third round after being the one with the upper hand in the first two rounds as well.
With the win, Vijender’s record in Pro Boxing stands at four bouts, four wins and four knockouts.
This was Vijender’s first fight of 2016 after his three wins last year. His first two opponents lacked any prior experience but the third was against a wee experienced Bulgarian Samet Hyuseinov. Horvath in comparison has a better record of five wins from seven bouts but on Saturday night, it didn’t show.
Vijender dominated proceedings with numerous left jabs into Horvath to leave him jarred and bruised as the first round drew to a close. The second round saw the Hungarian move around the ring to force the former Olympian to reach forward to make any sort of impact. The tactic succeeded to an extent with Vijender becoming less influential but never really being perturbed by his opponent in the red corner.
The win was sealed in the third round as Horvath’s right arm was injured and the referee counted down to raise Vijender’s arm for yet another victory.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It was later announced that Vijender will have two more bouts in April and May before the title bout scheduled for June in New Delhi.