Promising to hand Vijender Singh his first loss in the professional circuit, former world champion Francis Cheka says he is putting himself through a gruelling training regimen for the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight Championship title on December 17.
Cheka says he has been put on a grilling training session that goes up to 40 rounds per day for the fight in which Vijender will defend the title. The 34-year-old resides in Morogoro, Tanzania and has also won the African title and taken world title challengers such as Matthew Macklin and Paul Smith the distance.
He is also a proven puncher with no fewer than 17 of his victories coming by knockout, out of the 43 bouts he has fought.
Jay Msangi, trainer of the Tanzanian boxer says, “I am making Cheka do some grilling training these days, even though he is way more experienced than Vijender, he needs to be prepared for anything that is thrown at him, it’s a matter of winning the title after all.”
Cheka said he is confident of bringing down Vijender in his own backyard. “Jay has put me on some crazy training regime. It is increasing my strength and power day by day. Sure Vijender must have won all his professional bouts but lets not forget I have played 300 rounds and knocked down 17 of my opponents. Singh has no idea what he is going to face on the 17th of December. I am going to bring him down, like nobody’s business,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“I don’t think he thought before accepting my challenge. He has fought absolutely nobody up to now, I will show him what professional boxing means, I will hit him hard on his face that he will never think of professional boxing again,” he added.