The United World Wrestling (UWW), the game’s apex body, was initially against the conduct of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL) this year but was later convinced after the intervention of the Wrestling Federation of India, informed WFI president Brijbhushan Sharan Singh.
“Few days back, the United World Wrestling (UWW) informed the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) that this year WFI cannot organise the Pro Wrestling League as the Federation did not complete the procedure for organisation of the International Tournament,” Singh said in a statement.
“Today, Brijbhushan Sharan Singh, President, Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) had written a letter and also discussed over telephone with the president, UWW, Lalovich and explained about the conduct of League this year.
“Brijbhushan Sharan Singh explained that Pro Wrestling League is a domestic competition and foreign wrestlers would participate under the banner of Franchisee Owners not their country concerned,” he added.
The world body chief deeply considered the request and explanation given by Singh and accorded permission to WFI to hold the PWL this year, Singh said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review