Conor McGregor has got the UFC featherweight and lightweight titles around his waist in what is the first time in the event’s history that same individual has held two titles. And it appears that he has his hands full. But, despite that, the Irishman has an offer from World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) and it comes from none other than Triple H who is the Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative.
Triple H was in attendance at Madison Square Garden when McGregor beat Eddie Alvarez in the main event of UFC 205 to add a second title next to his name. And having seen him in action, Triple H believes McGregor would be a fine addition to the roster.
“He could come over, he’s got it all, man – he’s got the personality, the skills, the talk. He’s an entertainer, for sure,” said Triple H to British daily The Telegraph. “What does he walk around at? 180 lbs? I have smaller guys now in the WWE. We have 200-lbs guys who are stars. You don’t need to be 300 lbs any more,” he further added.
If it does happen, it won’t be the first time of a cross-sport promotion with an athlete taking the WWE ring. Baseball player Pete Rose, boxer Floyd Mayweather and UFC athlete Ronda Rousey having done it in the past. When Mayweather met Big Show in the ring, the previous broke the latter’s nose in 2008.
However, the odds of a McGregor appearance on WWE look slim especially after his comments about professional wrestlers. “I haven’t really thought about it (cross promotion with WWE),” McGregor had reportedly said. “For the most part, those WWE guys are p***ies. They’re messed up p***ies if you ask me,” he had added.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Although that would be a fitting angle for him to make an appearance into the squared ring.
Triple H remained apprehensive of it eventually working out but remained open to any discussions. “He could do just as well as Floyd Mayweather when he fought the Big Show. That really worked. Conor could do it for sure,” he stated.
Brock Lesnar and CM Punk also have history of performing inside both the UFC and WWE ring.