WWE wrestler Dalip Singh Rana, popularly known with the nomenclature ‘The Great Khali’, was severely injured during a promotional event in Haldwani on Wednesday.
Former WWE champion Khali was taking part in an event to promote his wrestling competition Continental Wrestling Entertainment (CWE) when two foreign wrestlers clobbered the giant with chairs. Visibly shaken, Khali started to bleed and was immediately rushed to the ICU at a local hospital. He received seven stitches to his head due to the injuries and complained of back and chest pain.
ALSO READ: ‘The Great Khali’ eyes revenge
With the hospital incapable of providing adequate care to once Punjab policeman, he was airlifted to Max Hospital in Dehradun. There he underwent CT Scans and received treatment for chest injuries.
Watch Video: ‘The Great Khali’ injured during match in Uttarakhand
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Khali said he was in the max hospital in Haridwar and was waiting for the doctors’ call on the extent of his injuries.
“He was hit by Mike Knox and Brody Steel in the head and the chest which led to him getting injured. The medical care in Haldwani wasn’t adequate so he was airlifted to Dehradun where he underwent further tests,” said a source close to the event.
His younger brother Surender Rana stated that the wrestler was now better and only kept in the hospital for observation.
“He is fine now. Yes he was hit in the head and chest during the event in Haldwani but luckily the situation is not bad. My brother was with him at the time and I am headed to Dehradun as well,” said Surender.
The wrestler is scheduled to be in the ring again on 28th February in Dehradun but that is subject to his recovery from now on.
“There is no definite answer on his involvement for the Dehradun event. We will only know the final word when the doctors tell us and there are no early synopsis either. Even if he doesn’t participate, the event will go ahead as planned,” added the source.
WATCH: The Great Khali takes part in a Wrestling event in Haldwani
WATCH: The Great Khali takes part in a Wrestling event in Haldwani(Uttarakhand) (24.2.16)http://t.co/Uzpb6p34HV
— ANI (@ANI_news) 25 February 2016