There was a bonanza for several sportspersons here today with the Telangana Government presenting cash awards to players like Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu and Gagan Narang for bringing laurels to the country and the state in events such as Commonwealth Games.
Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao gave away the cash awards to 10 players and also badminton coaches P Gopichand and Mohd Arif during the Independence Day celebrations held at the historic Golconda Fort here, an official release said.
Badminton ace Nehwal was presented Rs 50 lakh and Rs 20 lakh, respectively, for winning bronze medal in 2012 London Olympics and Australian Open women’s singles title.
Shooter Narang was given Rs 50 lakh, Rs 25 lakh and Rs 15 lakh, respectively, for bagging bronze medal in London Olympics, silver in 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Shuttler P Kashyap received Rs 50 lakh and Rs 25 lakh, respectively, for securing gold in CWG men’s singles and reaching the quarter-finals in 2012 Olympics men’s singles.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Badminton star PV Sindhu got Rs 25 lakh and Rs 15 lakh for winning bronze in 2013 World Championship and another bronze in CWG women’s singles.
Young badminton player RMV Gurusaidutt was given Rs 15 lakh for securing a bronze medal in the Commonwealth Games.
Badminton doubles specialist Jwala Gutta was presented Rs 25 lakh for winning the silver medal in Commonwealth Games in women’s doubles.
Boxer Nikhat Zareen got Rs 50 lakh for her gold medal in world international boxing event in 2010.
Kabaddi player Mamata Pujari, who won gold medal in 2012 World Cup championship, received Rs 25 lakh.
Young shuttler Srikanth Kidambi was given Rs 3 lakh for reaching the quarter-finals at CWG. Gymnast B Aruna Reddy got Rs 3 lakh for playing in CWG.
Gopichand, Chief National Coach, was presented Rs 50 lakh cash award, while another badminton coach Arif received Rs 25 lakh.