There was a bonanza for several sportspersons here today with the Telangana Government presenting cash awards to players like Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu and Gagan Narang for bringing laurels to the country and the state in events such as Commonwealth Games.
Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao gave away the cash awards to 10 players and also badminton coaches P Gopichand and Mohd Arif during the Independence Day celebrations held at the historic Golconda Fort here, an official release said.
Badminton ace Nehwal was presented Rs 50 lakh and Rs 20 lakh, respectively, for winning bronze medal in 2012 London Olympics and Australian Open women’s singles title.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Shooter Narang was given Rs 50 lakh, Rs 25 lakh and Rs 15 lakh, respectively, for bagging bronze medal in London Olympics, silver in 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Shuttler P Kashyap received Rs 50 lakh and Rs 25 lakh, respectively, for securing gold in CWG men’s singles and reaching the quarter-finals in 2012 Olympics men’s singles.
Badminton star PV Sindhu got Rs 25 lakh and Rs 15 lakh for winning bronze in 2013 World Championship and another bronze in CWG women’s singles.
Young badminton player RMV Gurusaidutt was given Rs 15 lakh for securing a bronze medal in the Commonwealth Games.
Badminton doubles specialist Jwala Gutta was presented Rs 25 lakh for winning the silver medal in Commonwealth Games in women’s doubles.
Boxer Nikhat Zareen got Rs 50 lakh for her gold medal in world international boxing event in 2010.
Kabaddi player Mamata Pujari, who won gold medal in 2012 World Cup championship, received Rs 25 lakh.
Young shuttler Srikanth Kidambi was given Rs 3 lakh for reaching the quarter-finals at CWG. Gymnast B Aruna Reddy got Rs 3 lakh for playing in CWG.
Gopichand, Chief National Coach, was presented Rs 50 lakh cash award, while another badminton coach Arif received Rs 25 lakh.