The Petroleum Sports Promotion Board, the prime destination point for up and coming talented sportspersons in the country across disciplines, has now opened its door for squash.
A sports body which has catered to champions in sixteen disciplines from Olympic medallists P.V. Sindhu and Saina Nehwal apart from P. Kashyap in badminton to Sharath Kamal in table tennis and Rohan Bopanna in tennis and many more in hockey and others will now hopefully have some of the deserving squash players in its role, thanks to its decision to make squash the 17th sport on its calendar.
This is good news not only for squash players for they too will now look up to the benefits of jobs, scholarships and incentives but also the sport itself.
The positive turn of events came about after the discussions that PSPB Joint Secretary Mr K.L. Tejwani has had with Harish Prasad Rao, the SRFI Development Officer since September.
In all probability the inaugural PSPB squash championship will get underway later this year, possibly some time in December at Numaligarh Refinery Limited, Maligaon, Assam.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More