In a bid to ensure that medal prospects for the 2020 Olympics get sustained help in the next four years, the Sports Ministry has directed the National Sports Federations (NSFs) to identify potential medallists by the end of this month. “Department of Sports has advised NSFs to identify medal prospects and their support staff for the 2020 Olympic Games by 30th November 2016. This is to ensure that the core probables get support of dedicated world class support staff on a continuing basis to be able to work as a coherent team and deliver,” the Ministry said in a statement.
The Ministry said the move, approved by the Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel, is intended to give a head-start to the country’s preparations for the Olympics. The Department has further advised NSFs to prepare the programme of training and exposures of the medal prospects for the year 2017.
“The NSFs should approach the National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) for any financial assistance required under the Target Olympic Podium (TOP) Scheme,” the Ministry stated.
There will be a six monthly review of the performance of the athletes and support staff for inclusion/exclusion in the list of core probable and their support staff. “The department has advised the NSFs to carry out the exercise of selection and review with total transparency and put up details of the same on their website as a part of suo moto disclosure.
“In respect of the sports discipline(s) in which NSFs are suspended/not recognised by MYAS, this exercise is to be undertaken by Sports Authority of India (SAI) namely Archery, Gymnastics, Judo, Tennis,” the Ministry said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016