Seeking to bring in transparency, the Sports Ministry today said the hiring of foreign coaches for various disciplines will be done through open advertisement.
Sports Minister Vijay Goel has approved the proposal which emerged at a meeting he had with senior officers of his Ministry and Sports Authority of India in New Delhi yesterday.
“This will bring more names before the foreign coaches Selection Committee in addition to those suggested by National Sports Federations,” the Ministry said in a statement.
“The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports spends a substantial amount on foreign coaches to prepare Indian athletes for Olympics, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and other important tournaments.
Keeping this in view, extension to foreign coaches in future will be given on the basis of their performance as assessed by a committee.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Hiring of foreign coaches is a necessity for training Indian athletes in many sports disciplines at present, but they will be utilised for training Indian coaches so that our dependence on foreign coaches can be reduced in future.
“The contract with foreign coaches will invariably include a component of training of Indian coaches for a certain period.”