Rio Olympian Sandeep Tomar and Ritu Phogat were among the gold medal winners in their respective weight categories at the ongoing Senior (men’s and women’s) National Wrestling championship at Gonda, Uttar Pradesh.
The bout between Utkarsh Kale and London Olympian Amit Kumar in 57kg category proved to be the highlight of the day, in which Kale stunned the more experienced Amit in the semifinals to set up a summit clash with Sandeep Tomar.
However, in the final, Kale ran out of steam and went down to Tomar to settle for a silver medal.
In another exciting contest, Bajrang prevailed over Rajneesh in 65kg weight division before getting the better of Rahul Mann in the final to finish on the top of the podium.
In women’s event, Ritu Phogat, youngest of the Phogat sisters, bagged the gold medal in the 48kg category after beating Priyanka Singh in the final.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
57kg – Gold: Sandeep Tomer (SSCB), Silver: Utkrish Kale (RSPB), Bronze: Amit Kumar (Har) and Pankaj (Har).
65kg – Gold: Bajrang (RSPB), Silver: Rahul Mann (RSPB), Bronze: Rajneesh (SSCB) and Surjeet (Del).
74kg – Gold: Jitender (Har), Silver: Sandeep Kare (RSPB), Bronze: Denish (RSPB) and Satpal (Har).
66kg – Gold: Ravinder (Har), Silver: Manish (Har), Bronze: Deepak Ujjwal (UP) and Suresh Yadav (SSCB).
75kg – Gold: Gurpreet Singh (Punjab), Silver: Dinesh (Har), Bronze: Rajbir Chhikara (RSPB) and Harender Panwar (SSCB).
85kg – Gold: Prabhpal Singh (Pun), Silver: Yashpal (RSPB), Bronze: Anil Kumar (SSCB) and Sandeep (Har).
48kg: Gold: Ritu Phogat (Har), Silver: Priyanka Singh (UP), Bronze: Nirmala (Har) and Pooja (RSPB).
58kg: Gold: Manju (Har), Silver: Sonali (Mah), Bronze: Nisha (Har) and Apoorva (RSPB).
63kg: Gold: Reshma Mane (Mah), Silver: Gargi Yadav (RSPB), Bronze: Pooja Tomar (UP) and Ritu Malik (RSPB).