Rising boxer Sachin Singh will be given a cash award of Rs. 1 lakh for notching up an impressive victory in the finals of AIBA Youth World Boxing Championship in St. Petersburg, Russia by Boxing Federation of India (BFI) President Ajay Singh, it was announced on Saturday.
Ajay Singh had communicated that the winners of the youth meet would be rewarded for their performance on the international stage.
Sachin (46-49 kg), an Asian Youth Championships quarter-finalist and the reigning junior champion, faced Cuba’s reigning national champion Jorge Grinan in the final to clinch the gold by 5:0 by an unanimous decision.
Sachin, 16, brings back victory to India after a long gap of six years. Vikas Krishnan was the last pugilist to have bagged a gold in the 2010 edition.
Representing India in men’s heavyweight 91 kg category was Naman Tanwar, who returns home with a bronze after he lost in the semi-finals against Pero of Cuba. Narman will be given a cash prize of Rs. 25,000 by BFI.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016