At last, it seems, peace is back in the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) after its president N Ramachandran and associate vice-president Narinder Batra on Wednesday decided to amicably settle their differences in the larger interest of the Olympic movement and sports in the country.
Ramachandran and Batra, who is also the president of Hockey India, agreed to withdraw all allegations, accusations, complaints and litigations that they had made against each other.
Ramachandran has also agreed not to pursue his Rs 10 crore defamation suit filed against Batra before the Madras High Court. The duo signed a joint memo of compromise which was duly certified by their respective counsels and was filed in the Madras High Court.
“Pursuant to the advice and mediation of members and friends of the Olympic fraternity, we Mr N Ramachandran and Dr Narinder Dhruv Batra have reached an amicable settlement of all our disputes. We have agreed to withdraw all allegations, accusations, complaints, litigations made/instituted against each other, both individually and in official capacity, and in future will not pursue the same,” the duo said in a joint signed letter.
“We will work together to strengthen the Olympic movement and all sports in India.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review