Controversial triple-jumper Renjith Maheswary, the six-member men’s 4x100m relay team and young sprinter Dutee Chand were omitted from India’s track and field contingent for the Commonwealth Games by the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) on Tuesday.
The AFI pruned down the list for the multi-sport event, which begins in Glasgow next week, from the original 41 to 32. AFI officials said they got the axe due to their unsatisfactory performances. “Renjith Maheswary is not in the team and we have also pulled out the six-member men’s 4x100m relay team due to injury and also due to performance related issues,” AFI secretary CK Valson said.
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) had already released the names of 224 Indian athletes to take part in the July 23-August 3 Glasgow Games. With the reduction of the members in the athletics team, the total number of participants will now be 215.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Eighteen out of these 32 athletes had left for Glasgow on Monday.
Squad Men: 4x400m Relay: Rajiv Arokia, Kunhu Mohammed, Sachin Roby, Lalit Mathur, Jithu Baby, Jibin Sebastian; 110m Hurdle: Siddhanth Thingalaya; Triple Jump: Arpinder Singh; Shot Put: Om Prakash Karhana; Discus Throw: Vikas Gowda; Javelin Throw: Ravinder Singh Khaira, Devinder Singh, Vipin Kasana; Hammer Throw: Kamalpreet Singh, Chandrodaya Narayan Singh Women: 4x100m Relay: Saradha Narayan, H M Jyothi, Sarbani Nanda, Asha Roy, Santhini Vallikkad, Merlin K Joseph; 4x400m Relay: M R Poovamma, Tintu Luka, Debashree Majumdar, Ratandeep Kaur, Anilda Thomas, Ashwini Akkunji; High Jump: Sahana Kumari; Long Jump: Mayookha Johny; Discus Throw: Seema Punia, Krishna Poonia; Javelin Throw: Annu Rani.