Controversial triple-jumper Renjith Maheswary, the six-member men’s 4x100m relay team and young sprinter Dutee Chand were omitted from India’s track and field contingent for the Commonwealth Games by the Athletics Federation of India (AFI) on Tuesday.
The AFI pruned down the list for the multi-sport event, which begins in Glasgow next week, from the original 41 to 32. AFI officials said they got the axe due to their unsatisfactory performances. “Renjith Maheswary is not in the team and we have also pulled out the six-member men’s 4x100m relay team due to injury and also due to performance related issues,” AFI secretary CK Valson said.
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) had already released the names of 224 Indian athletes to take part in the July 23-August 3 Glasgow Games. With the reduction of the members in the athletics team, the total number of participants will now be 215.
Eighteen out of these 32 athletes had left for Glasgow on Monday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Squad Men: 4x400m Relay: Rajiv Arokia, Kunhu Mohammed, Sachin Roby, Lalit Mathur, Jithu Baby, Jibin Sebastian; 110m Hurdle: Siddhanth Thingalaya; Triple Jump: Arpinder Singh; Shot Put: Om Prakash Karhana; Discus Throw: Vikas Gowda; Javelin Throw: Ravinder Singh Khaira, Devinder Singh, Vipin Kasana; Hammer Throw: Kamalpreet Singh, Chandrodaya Narayan Singh Women: 4x100m Relay: Saradha Narayan, H M Jyothi, Sarbani Nanda, Asha Roy, Santhini Vallikkad, Merlin K Joseph; 4x400m Relay: M R Poovamma, Tintu Luka, Debashree Majumdar, Ratandeep Kaur, Anilda Thomas, Ashwini Akkunji; High Jump: Sahana Kumari; Long Jump: Mayookha Johny; Discus Throw: Seema Punia, Krishna Poonia; Javelin Throw: Annu Rani.