Prime Minister Narendra Modi felicitated Rio Paralympics medal winner Deepa Malik with a cash award of Rs 4 crore.
Malik, who hails from Haryana, was the first Indian woman athlete to win a medal at the Paralympics in Rio. She won a silver medal in the women’s shot put event with a throw of 4.61m at the Paralympics.
Modi, who was sitting on a dais along with Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki and Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, came down and walked a few steps to honour Malik, who was on a wheelchair.
Modi handed over the cheque to Malik in the presence of Khattar and Haryana’s Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Anil Vij.
Earlier speaking at the event, Modi said girls from Haryana have made India proud at the world stage on multiple occasions. Let every citizen of Haryana pledge to protect girl child.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Complimenting the state for substantial improvement in sex ratio, Modi said he is grateful to females and elders of Haryana for responding to his appeal of ‘beti bachao, beti padhao’.