Batting for sports to be included in school curriculum, Sports Minister Vijay Goel said that to impart the desired importance to sports, it should be made a compulsory subject at the school level.
Goel said marks should be also given to students for their involvement in sports activities.
Addressing the 64th meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) , Goel said, this is also essential to deal with the growing incidence of diabetes and other non-communicable diseases among children.
The Minister said that for realising the full potential of sports, it is essential that we take effective steps to promote it in educational institutions without any further delay.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Goel emphasised that every educational institution should have access to a playfield and basic sports facilities. Such institutions which do not have these facilities should tie up with neighbouring institutions.
He said physical education teachers should be engaged by every school. Standard guidelines should be framed and issued for admission under sports quota, relaxation to sportspersons from attendance and appearance in examinations.