The Los Angeles Lakers have waived Yi Jianlian at the Chinese forward’s request.
The Lakers also waived forward Anthony Brown on Monday and apparently kept Metta World Peace on their opening night roster.
Yi returned to the NBA last month after a four-year absence in an attempt to win a job with the Lakers. The 7-footer was the sixth overall pick in the 2007 draft.
Yi averaged 3.0 points and 2.5 rebounds during the preseason. But Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said Yi apparently didn’t think he would have a prominent role with the team.
The Lakers also released Brown, their second-round pick out of Stanford last year.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The surprising moves mean World Peace and journeyman Thomas Robinson likely have made the opening roster.
The Lakers host Houston on Wednesday.