Charges against Italian sports agent Federico Rosa over the alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs have been dropped, a Kenyan magistrate said on Tuesday.
Rosa, who had denied the charges made against him in July, runs Italy-based company Rosa & Associati.
Kenya, renowned for its distance runners, has faced frequent allegations of doping with some 40 cases reported in the past four years.
“The case is withdrawn,” Bernard Ochoi, Nairobi’s principal magistrate, said in a statement delivered in court before Rosa’s trial began.
The statement was sent to Reuters by Rosa’s lawyer James Nyiha.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“My client should not have been charged in the first place. The state did not have an iota of evidence against my client,” Nyiha said.
Kenya claimed its biggest ever haul of medals at an Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro this year, but doping allegations and organisational problems plagued preparations for the event.