In what was a do-or-die situation for India after Iran won 33-28 over Kenya, the Anup Kumar-led unit displayed a solid effort of both offensive and defensive kabaddi to keep the team in the hunt for the semi-finals. In the second contest of the night, India easily beat Bangladesh 57-20 with the second half a better showing of India’s might with the neighbours looking meek and tired as Pardeep Narwal and Ajay Thakur grew ever into the game.
Narwal picked up eight raid points and Thakur picked up a combined 11 points to stand out for the Indian side that is picking up the pace after losing to South Korea on the opening night of the Kabaddi World Cup. Thakur picked up 10 raid points and a tackle point to finish with 11. To add to his effort, he was coming off the bench for Balwan Singh-coached India.
As things stand, if Korea or Iran don’t lose a game in the group stage, India will play Iran in the semi-finals. The win takes India to top of the table with 11 points but Korea have played a game less.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen