Kabaddi World Cup 2016 is all ready to kick off on October 7, 2016 with the first fixture seeing two-time defending champions India facing South Korea in their home domain with the crowd right behind the team in full vigour and noise and at a newly built swanky stadia in Ahmedabad. For India the task is to make it three-in-three and continue their dominance in the sport, for Iran the challenge is to end this losing streak against India. The Asian side have lost both the previous finals against India – in 2003 and 2007.
The tournament sees the 12 nations split into two groups with matches played in a round robin format. This will be followed by semi-finals and the Final. Pool A consists of India, Bangladesh, South Korea, England, Australia and Argentina and Pool B includes Iran, USA, Kenya, Poland, Japan and Thailand.
When does the Kabaddi World Cup 2016 begin?
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The third edition of the biggest tournament in the sport begins on October 7, 2016 on Friday. The matches will be played at the TransStadia Arena in Ahmedabad. The newly built and in-use structure makes it a fitting add to the rising popularity of the sport in the country which is helped further by the bi-annual nature of Pro Kabaddi League.
What time does the Kabaddi World Cup 2016 start?
The first fixture between India and South Korea in Group A will begin at 2000 IST (8PM IST) or 1430 GMT. The next fixture sees Iran take on USA at 2100 IST (9PM IST) or 1530 GMT.
Which TV channel will do the live broadcast of Kabaddi World Cup 2016?
The Kabaddi World Cup will be broadcast live on the Star Sports network and will be aired online on the Hotstar platform. Bringing another technology to the screens, Hotstar will also air the matches in 3D Virtual Reality.
How do I watch online live streaming of Kabaddi World Cup 2016?
Where Star Sports will show the matches live on the television sets, Hotstar will be airing the World Cup live on the digital properties from websites to mobile phones and their app.