Kabaddi World Cup is into its last stage, as powerhouse Iran take on hosts India. The summit clash is expected to be a blockbuster. Both teams reached the final in contrasting styles as Iran edged past South Korea 28-22 in a low scoring thriller match while India thumped Thailand by a big 73-20 margin.
Here’s a closer look of Iran’s road to final in the Kabaddi World Cup 2016.
Iran vs United States of America
Iran produced a strong performance in their tournament opener as they thumped the United States of America 52-15. Troy Bacon side was making their debut in the tournament and their inexperience was evident as they barely troubled Iran throughout the match. The Iranians showed why they are an emerging powerhouse in the sports with an impressive all-round display.
Iran vs Thailand
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Iran claimed an easy 64-23 victory over Thailand. For Iran, Fazel Atrachali and Soleiman Pahlevani scored High 5s for their brilliant performance at the defence. While, Pahlevani also notched up the most tackle points. Meanwhile, only Khomsan Thongkham, captain of Thailand, could come close to the challenge as he scored eight points against the Iranians.
Iran vs Kenya
Iran started better of the two sides as it eventually made the difference in a close 33-28 victory over a spirited, resilient Kenyan side. Although, it was low-scoring match, but it was not short on excitement. It was Fazel Atrachali, stand-in captain, as Meraj Sheykh missed the match due to stomach bug, who took his side over the line with some tremendous ankle holds.
Iran vs Japan
Iran trounced Japan by a 38-34 margin. Match between Japan and the Iran was a close battle but Iranians never looked in danger of losing their lead. The Japanese managed to get the Iran all-out for the first time in the tournament and also played with renewed vigour in the second half.
Iran vs Poland
The Kabaddi World Cup 2016 saw its second upset as Poland shocked Iran 41-25 in what was a one-sided affair in the end. Iran, expected to dominated Poland, committed silly mistakes in the match and ended up on the losing side. They have already qualified for the semi-final.
Iran vs South Korea, semifinal
Iran held their nerves intact and stormed into the final with a 28-22 win over South Korea. Meraj Sheykh, contributed with a match high of seven points, while the Korean star raider Jang Kun Lee managed just four raid points. Iran, also, ended Korea’s unbeaten run.