A terrific raiding performance by England saw them register a comprehensive 68-28 win over Argentina in a Pool A game of the Kabaddi World Cup at the TransStadia Arena on Friday.
Adewalure scored 19 points to enthrall the crowd and lead England to a comfortable win. Keshav Gupta and Someshwar Kalia chipped in with 10 and 13 points respectively as England dominated the match with five all outs.
It was Argentina’s third successive defeat and the third time they conceded 68 points in a match, as they continue to languish at the bottom of the standings.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
England have now moved to the third place in the Pool with 10 points from three matches.
It was 1-1 in the second minute as Argentina got a raid point whereas England responded with a tackle point. Adewalure scored two points in the second minute and was immediately sent to the bench by Argentine Mariano Pascual, who were trailing 2-3.
After six minutes, England led 7-3 as Adewalure earned a quick bonus point. The Argentine defence scored their second point in the ninth minute trailing 5-9.
Keshav scored with a two-point raid in the 10th minute to give England a 12-5 lead. Adewalure then added two more points as England inflicted an all out in the next minute to lead 16-6.
England began to assert their supremacy as the match went on with their defence tightening the noose on the Argentine raiders. Argentina relied on bonus points in the first half and scored just two touch points.
England led 23-8 after 16 minutes as Adewalure scored his ninth point of the match. England inflicted the second all out in the 19th minute to lead 29-9 as Adewalure attained a super 10 in the first half. Tejash Depala hit a high five to help England’s lead soar by 33-9 at the end of the first half.
Argentina began the second half in better form and scored three points in two minutes to trail 12-34. But Adewalure was in excellent raiding form and scored his 14th point as England led 38-14 after 24 minutes.
Argentina suffered the third all out of the match after the 25th minute and were trailing 14-42. England then went on pushing Argentina to lead 50-16.
Argentina forced a super tackle in the 30th minute to send Adewalure to the bench as they trailed 18-50. Adewalure scored two more points in the 32nd minute as England inflicted the fourth all out to lead 56-20.
Argentina forced a super raid in the 35th minute with Jorge Barazza scoring three points as they trailed 25-57. Keshav Gupta then achieved a super 10 to make a crucial contribution to England’s victory.
Leading by a margin of 66-26, England went on to inflict another all out in the 39th minute before increasing it further to 68-28 in the end.
Poland humble United States of America 79-25
Poland registered their first win of the tournament as they thump United States of America in the game of pride. Poles outplayed Troy Bacon side as they set a new record of highest team total. Michal Spiczko, captain of Poland, scored 16 match points while Jakub Kloskowski and Piotr Pamulak added seven points each.
Poland next meet table toppers Iran on October 17 at 20:00 hrs IST.