Bangladesh ended their campaign in the Kabaddi World Cup with a thumping 67-27 win over minnows Argentina at the TransStadia Arena here on Wednesday.
Already out of the race for the semi-finals, a resurgent Bangladesh crushed Argentina in the last match of group A.
Raider Tuhin Tarafder and captain Aruduzzaman Munshi top-scored for the Bangladeshis with 14 and 13 points respectively.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Munshi and Al Mamun attained super 10s for Bangladesh.
Argentina’s raiders put up a good show but their defence led to their downfall as it contributed just two points.
Bangladesh thus ended their World Cup campaign in third spot in Group A with three wins and 16 points from five games while Argentina returned without a single win.
On Wednesday, Bangladesh were quick out off the blocks and took a 6-0 lead after three minutes as Munshi scored five raid points.
Bangladesh inflicted the first all-out of the match in the fourth minute to lead 11-0.
Argentina opened their account in the sixth minute with a tackle point to trail 1-14.
Bangladesh’s defence didn’t allow time or space to Argentina raiders and kept on mounting the pressure to lead 17-3 after eight minutes.
Munshi achieved the quickest super 10 of this World Cup in the 11th minute as Bangladesh led 19-5.
Nahuel Lopez then scored three points with a super raid to take Argentina to 8-21.
Bangladesh scored a couple of raid points but Argentina came with another super raid to trail 12-26 after 15 minutes.
Argentina were dealing only in super raids as a third one by Eugenio Petermann to trail 15-27 before Bangladesh extended it to 33-15 at the end of the first half.
Coming from the break, Bangladesh straightway inflicted the second all out of the match in 21st minute to lead 36-15 before extending it further to 40-18 after 25 minutes.
Sabuj achieved a high five in the 27th minute to give Bangladesh a 44-20 lead. Tuhin then picked up a super 10 in the next minute as Bangladesh inflicted the third all out to lead 50-21.
Bangladesh then piled up the pressure in the next three minutes by inflicting a fourth all out to lead 59-22.
Argentina came up with another super raid in the 35th minute to trail 25-60 but Munshi’s 13th raid point in the 40th minute helped Bangladesh beat Argentina 67-26.