India’s Jitu Rai on Thursday won a historic gold medal in the men’s air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup in Maribor, Slovenia.
According to the information received, Jitu, who had won a silver medal in the free pistol competition, shot 200.8 in the final round to clinch the yellow metal in the air pistol event.
Jitu, thus, became the first Indian shooter to have won two medals in a World Cup. The gold was Jitu’s third medal in back-to-back World Cups. He had won the air pistol silver in the last World Cup in Munich.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Jitu shot 584 out of 600 and was ranked third in the qualification round. He had a series of 98 98 97 98 97 96.
Carrera Pablo of Spain won the silver with a final score of 198.7, while Russia’s Gourianov Anto bagged the bronze with a final score of 177.2.
Another Indian in fray, P N Prakash finished fifth with a final score of 137.4. Prakash was fourth in the qualification round with a total score of 581 out of 600.