Ace Indian shooter Jitu Rai shrugged off the disappointment of a poor Olympic campaign by clinching a silver medal in the 50m pistol event of the ISSF World Cup Final on Thursday. Jitu shot a score of 188.8 to finish behind China’s Wei.
Jitu shot a score of 188.8 to finish behind China’s Wei Pang (190.6). Italy’s Giuseppe Giordano settled for the bronze
medal with a score of 170.3 in the final.
Jitu, who was touted as India’s best shooting medal hope in Rio but failed to deliver, had earlier won a silver medal
at the ISSF World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan in the 10m Air Pistol event.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“Congratulations to Jitu Rai. He needs to plan his next four year cycle meticulously,” tweeted India’s first and only
individual Olympic gold-medallist Abhinav Bindra referring to Jitu’s Rio Games debacle.