Lauding the performance of Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa, who won the squash doubles gold at the Commonwealth Games, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced a cash award of Rs.50 lakh each to the winners.
In separate identical congratulatory letters to Pallikal and Chinappa, Jayalalithaa said she was delighted to learn of one more triumph in their sporting career, a gold medal in the squash women’s doubles event.
“I understand this is the first time that India has won a Commonwealth Games Gold Medal in squash. Yet again, you have done both the nation and Tamil Nadu proud.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Kindly accept my heartiest congratulations on behalf of the people of Tamil Nadu on your splendid achievement.”
Recalling the enhancement of cash award for sportspersons winning a Commonwealth gold medal to Rs. 50 lakh by her in 2011, she told the winners that each of them will be receiving it.
“I congratulate you and all those who have contributed to your success and wish you many more such laurels on behalf of the country and Tamil Nadu in future.”
DMK President M Karunanidhi also congratulated the duo.