Lauding the performance of Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinappa, who won the squash doubles gold at the Commonwealth Games, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced a cash award of Rs.50 lakh each to the winners.
In separate identical congratulatory letters to Pallikal and Chinappa, Jayalalithaa said she was delighted to learn of one more triumph in their sporting career, a gold medal in the squash women’s doubles event.
“I understand this is the first time that India has won a Commonwealth Games Gold Medal in squash. Yet again, you have done both the nation and Tamil Nadu proud.
Kindly accept my heartiest congratulations on behalf of the people of Tamil Nadu on your splendid achievement.”
Recalling the enhancement of cash award for sportspersons winning a Commonwealth gold medal to Rs. 50 lakh by her in 2011, she told the winners that each of them will be receiving it.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I congratulate you and all those who have contributed to your success and wish you many more such laurels on behalf of the country and Tamil Nadu in future.”
DMK President M Karunanidhi also congratulated the duo.