Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday felicitated ace shuttler PV Sindhu here and said that “surgical strikes” are needed to cleanse sports associations of unworthy people. “Now is the time of surgical strikes. After Pakistan and black money, I am of the view that surgical strikes are needed in sports as well,” Chouhan said after rewarding the Olympic silver medallist with Rs 50 lakh in the presence of her mother as well as her coach P Gopichand at a function here.
“Why people who have nothing to do with sports are occupying posts in sports associations,” he asked amid loud cheers.
“Those who don’t have anything to do with sports and not have passion for it, have crowded sports associations. Those who have a passion and interest in it should be there,” he opined.
“There should be sportsmen spirit in politics, but there should not be politics in sports. In our country, sometimes the reverse happens,” he said.
Chouhan said that sports can usher in happiness in our lives while referring to the formation of the Happiness Department in Madhya Pradesh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The CM, on the occasion, also announced that MP is going to felicitate Olympic bronze medal wrestling winner Sakshi Malik as well.
“These two sportswomen (Sindhu and Sakshi) have made the country proud by clinching medals at Olympics,” he said.
He said that MP has planned to hone talents for sending them to 2020 Olympics.
“But our dream came true much before it. Seven players from MP played in the women’s hockey team at Rio 2016 Olympics,” he said.
“We were winners of Asian Hockey Championship,” he said.