A top IOC official says Innsbruck would have “an excellent chance” of hosting the 2026 Winter Games if the Austrian city decides to bid for the games.
IOC executive board member Gian Franco Kasper tells The Associated Press that Innsbruck would need to join with other cities probably Salzburg and venues in northern Italy or southern Germany to be able to stage all events.
He spoke a day after Austrian officials announced a feasibility study into a possible Innsbruck bid.
Kasper says he’s “very happy” with the initiative by the Austrian Olympic Committee, the city of Innsbruck and the province of Tyrol, who jointly announced the study into financial, infrastructural and economic aspects of a possible bid.
Innsbruck hosted the Winter Games in 1964 and 1976.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched