Indian boxing coaches today heaved a sigh of relief after the Glasgow Commonwealth Games organisers confirmed, under the direction of world body AIBA, that they can sit with their wards during the bouts.
Indian coach Gurbaksh Singh Sandhu told PTI that he has got his coach’s sticker pasted on his accreditation card yesterday and he will now be able to sit at the ringside when his wards begin their campaign here tomorrow.
“It is a big relief. We have been told that we will be allowed to sit at the ringside but we were waiting for official confirmation from the organisers. Without that and some other formalities we would not have been allowed,” Sandhu said.
“But yesterday, the organisers called us and did the formalities. They pasted the coach’s sticker to my accreditation card. Without that I would not have been able to tell the boxers what do and what not to do during bouts.
That would be have been disadvantageous to our boxers. Now it is solved,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“All the coaches who are registered with the AIBA and accredited for the Games will be able to sit at the ringside now,” Sandhu added.
He said the issue was resolved through the efforts of the Indian Olympic Association-appointed ad-hoc committee and Indian AIBA member, Kishan Narsi.