The Indian Boxing Council, a licensing body for the country’s professional boxers, has been inducted into the World Boxing Organisation with voting rights in the WBO’s annual convention at Puerto Rico.
IBC President Brig. PKM Raja attended the meet in which the Indian body was welcomed into the fold by WBO founder Chairman Luis Batista Salas. “I am extremely delighted that Indian Boxing Council has been formally welcomed into the WBO fold. This paves the way for Indian Boxers to participate in WBO Events and be eligible
to compete for WBO Asia Pacific as well as WBO World Titles,” Brig. Raja said.
“It was a momentous occasion for me as President of IBC, when many prominent Boxing Promoters from Asia, Europe, America and Africa congratulated me immediately after the WBO announcement and expressed their keen interest to join hands with Indian Boxing Council for the promotion of Professional Boxing in India,” he added.
The convention was also attended by Neerav Tomar, Managing Director and CEO of Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS), which is the India promoter of star boxer Vijender Singh. Vijender is the reigning WBO Asia-Pacific super middleweight champion.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn