The Indian Boxing Council, a licensing body for the country’s professional boxers, has been inducted into the World Boxing Organisation with voting rights in the WBO’s annual convention at Puerto Rico.
IBC President Brig. PKM Raja attended the meet in which the Indian body was welcomed into the fold by WBO founder Chairman Luis Batista Salas. “I am extremely delighted that Indian Boxing Council has been formally welcomed into the WBO fold. This paves the way for Indian Boxers to participate in WBO Events and be eligible
to compete for WBO Asia Pacific as well as WBO World Titles,” Brig. Raja said.
“It was a momentous occasion for me as President of IBC, when many prominent Boxing Promoters from Asia, Europe, America and Africa congratulated me immediately after the WBO announcement and expressed their keen interest to join hands with Indian Boxing Council for the promotion of Professional Boxing in India,” he added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The convention was also attended by Neerav Tomar, Managing Director and CEO of Infinity Optimal Solutions (IOS), which is the India promoter of star boxer Vijender Singh. Vijender is the reigning WBO Asia-Pacific super middleweight champion.