Long-distance runner Lalita Babar was named as the Sports Person of the Year in the India Sports Awards 2015.
The Indian Sports Award were were given away at the conclusion of day one of ‘Turf 2015-16’, organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) with the support of the Sports Ministry.
Babar qualified for Rio Olympics recently im the 3000m steepelchase event and is the current Indian national record holder.
She also won a bronze medal in 2014 Incheon Asian Games and is the current Asian champion.
Besides Babar, gynmast Dipa Karmakar was named as the Breakthrough Sports Person of the Year while Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India was conferred with the Best National Sports Federation recognition.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Hockey legend Balbir Singh has been conferred with the Lifetime Achievement award.
The recipients of the award in different categories are:
Best Company Promoting Sports (Public Sector): Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) .
Best Company Promoting Sports (Private Sector): YES Bank Pvt Ltd .
Best Professional Services Company: Technology Frontiers (India) Pvt Ltd.
Best NGO Promoting Sports: STAIRS.
Best Sports Start-up: HotFut Sports Infrastructure Pvt Ltd.
Best National Sports Federation: Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India.
Sports Person of the Year: Lalita Babar (Athletics).
Breakthrough Sports Person of the Year: Dipa Karmakar (Gymnastics).
Coach or Support Staff of the Year: Kuldeep Handoo (Wushu).
Best State: Gujarat.