The manager of the Indian shotgun shooting team, which was returning from Glasgow after participating in the Commonwealth Games was detained at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) for carrying prohibited ammunition on Tuesday.
Ararul Hassan Choudhury was accompanying the shooting team that included medal winners Anisa Sayyed and Rahi Sarnobat.
“He was carrying hunting ammunition and was held at the Indira Gandhi International Airport for this reason,” National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) sources said.
Choudhry is from Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh.
When contacted, the NRAI was not forthcoming on the issue but said the manager-cum-coach has been released by the
customs department at IGI.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“He has been allowed to go and is already in Aligarh. We don’t have all the details and can’t say if he was actually detained or not,” a NRAI official said.
The manager, caught in the middle of controversy, is learnt to be close to a couple of top NRAI officials.