India witnessed a disappointing start to its campaign at the World Women’s Team Squash Championship as they were crushed 0-3 by top seed and title-favourite Egypt in their opening Pool A league match.
Indian eves are clubbed along side Egypt, New Zealand and Mexico and on paper the match against Egypt was expected to be India’s toughest of the three.
Joshna Chinappa was pitted against the world no 1 Nour El Shourbini and the ace Egyptian took just 34 minutes to complete a straight game win over the Indian.
Next in Dipika Pallikal showed little more fight for India by pocketing a game against world no 3 Nouran Gohar.
But it was not enough as Nouran had the last say, winning the encounter in four games.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In the incosequqntial third tie, Sunayna Kuruvilla lost to Omneya Abdel Kawy.
India will next play Mexico on Tuesday.
Results: Egypt beat India 3-0 (Nour El Sherbini bt Joshna Chinappa 11-5 11-6-15-13; Nouran Gohan bt Dipika Pallikal Karthik 4-11 11-7 11-4 11-9; Omneya Abdel Kawy bt Sunayna Kuruvilla 11-7 11-7 11-2).