Jamaican sprint superstar Usain Bolt will make his maiden visit to India early next month, not to race but to compete in a cricket face-off against India discard Yuvraj Singh in Bangalore.
Both the Puma ambassadors are coming together for the event on September 2, organised by the sportswear giants at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
“Puma brings Usain Bolt down for a one-of-a-kind cricket face-off between two sporting legends. For the first time ever, watch the Fastest Man on Earth — Usain Bolt, challenge Yuvraj Singh to an exclusive cricket showdown at Chinnaswamy Stadium on September 2,” said a media release issued on Tuesday.
The face-off has been titled ‘Bolt and Yuvi – Battle of the Legends’.
The 28-year-old sprint superstar from Jamaica, a multiple Olympic and world champion, is an ardent cricket lover and had expressed his desire in the past to play in the Indian Premier League as a fast bowler.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Bolt ran his season ending race three days ago in Warsaw, Poland by clocking a new world indoor best time of 9.98 secs to win the 100m race in the 5th Warszawski Memorial Kamili Skolimowskie.
The time, clocked in the main football stadium under a closed roof, bettered the previous mark of 10.05 secs of Frankie Fredricks.
Bolt had recently revealed that he will put back his planned retirement until 2017 at the request of his sponsors.
The six-time Olympic gold medallist and 100m and 200m world record holder had earlier intended to retire from the track after the 2016 Rio Olympics.
It was learnt that Athletics Federation of India has no role in Bolt’s maiden visit to the country.
“We have no role in Bolt’s visit to India. He is a PUMA ambassador, so too Yuvraj,” an AFI official said.
Left-handed flashy all-rounder Yuvraj was awarded the Man of the Series trophy in India’s triumph in the 50-over World Cup in 2011.