Indian Grandmaster Harika Dronavalli played out a draw with Kosteniuk Alexandra of Russia in a ninth round game in the FIDE Women’s Grand Prix chess tournament.
The draw took Harika to an impressive 4.5 points to move back to the joint sixth place. This was her seventh draw in the tournament.
Harika is all set for an all out attack as the elite tournament enters its final stages. She has meticulously been picking up half a point in each of her game so that she remains in a good position and the right frame of mind for a late surge.
With just two more rounds left, Harika is expected to put everything on line for two crucial points that will catapult her into the top bracket. She faces a tough opponent in her next round, Gunina Valentina of Russia.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation