India is celebrating Diwali and sportspersons from across all fields have sent out their wishes to the nation. Most of the wishes have been made for the Indian armed forces.
Retired and active individuals joined in wishing the army men a happy Diwali.They were also unanimous in thanking the jawans for staying vigilant at the border and protecting the country while it gets lost in celebrations.
Many also appealed to the nation to avoid bursting crackers and to have a safe Diwali. Pollution levels in many cities such as Delhi and Mumbai have gone up chiefly due to the widespread bursting of crackers during the festival.
The BCCI also put out a tweet of the members of the Indian cricket team conveying their Diwali wishes. The players are fresh from their emphatic victory over New Zealand in the final ODI held on Saturday at Kanpur.
Also joining in was batting legend Sachin Tendulkar. Tendulkar in a video wished the armymen’s “two families,” one being their fellow jawans and the other being their families back home. Leander Paes also put out a video commending the bravery of the army while wishing them on the occasion. Virat Kohli, Sakshi Malik and Saina Nehwal were amongst others who wished the army on the occasion of Diwali.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— sachin tendulkar (@sachin_rt) 28 October 2016
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) 27 October 2016
— Leander Paes (@Leander) 29 October 2016
“Aap hai to , hum hai”. You are the real heroes. Your patriotism and sacrifice inspires us. Grand salute to our soldiers.#Sandesh2Soldiers
— Sakshi Malik (@SakshiMalik) 28 October 2016
Shat Shat Naman to Martyr Mandeep Singh.
Pls do light a lamp for our martyrs today.
Least we can do for men who selflessly serve our country pic.twitter.com/J11TuVbRqH
— BCCI (@BCCI) 30 October 2016
India’s sportsmen are often hailed as heroes for the country. They seemed to have used the occasion of Diwali to remind the country who the real heroes are.