The NBA begins its season Tuesday night with international players making up one-quarter of the league.
The 113 international players come from 41 countries and territories. A maximum of 15 players are allowed on the 30 NBA teams.
The NBA said Tuesday that the Utah Jazz lead the way with seven international players. Every team has at least one such player. Canada has 11 players on NBA rosters, the most of any country for the third straight year. France is next at 10, followed by Brazil at nine and Australia at eight.
International newcomers making debuts Wednesday night include Dragan Bender of Croatia, the No. 4 overall draft pick by Phoenix, and Buddy Hield of the Bahamas, the No. 6 selection by New Orleans.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review