A fifth senior Kenyan Olympic committee official has been arrested as authorities continue to investigate the alleged theft of large sums of money and equipment that was meant for athletes competing at the Rio de Janeiro Games.
National Olympic Committee of Kenya vice president Ben Ekumbo, who is also head of the swimming federation, was arrested at his home in Nairobi on Monday. Kenyan reports say he was dragged from under his bed where he had been hiding from police.
Ekumbo is accused of stealing athlete apparel provided by Kenya’s team sponsor Nike. Authorities removed boxes of clothes and other equipment from his apartment when they arrested him.
Kenya’s team leader at the Rio Olympics was one of four Olympic committee officials arrested in September. He was charged with stealing over $250,000.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest