Relieved after the courts dropped alleged charges of drunken driving and assault, Indian Olympic Association secretary general Rajeev Mehta said that the entire case has been “represented in a wrong manner as he wasn’t driving in a drunken state.”
“The facts have been misrepresented and I have been projected in a wrong manner. I was not drunk and my test reports (alcohol intake) have all come negative. There is nothing in it to show that I was in a drunken state. I am thankful to the court that they didn’t accept the evidences that were put forward,” Mehta told CNN-IBN after the charges were dropped against him.
Asked about what transpired on Saturday night, Mehta recollected the incident.
“I had come out of a party and was on my way to somewhere else. Then the accident happened but I was not at fault. The girls who were inside the other car were driving on the wrong side of the road. That’s the reason that the case didn’t even come up for hearing as it was dropped at the prosecution level. There was nothing found in any of my medical reports and that’s why there were no charges framed against me,” Mehta concluded.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More