Three of the four shooters disqualified from the final of junior women’s trap event owing to ammunition malfunction, won the team gold medal at the 60th National Shotgun Championships as their qualification scores stood as per ISSF rule.
The National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) said the shooters — Manisha Keer, Pragati Dubey, and Shefali Rajak (all finalists), and Kirti Gupta — were disqualified in the final due to faulty ammunition.
However, they still finished on the podium as “their qualification scores stood as per rules of International Shooting Sport Federation”.
Having taken part in the qualification round, the shooters had been disqualified two days back as their ammunition did not “conform to the ISSF norms”.
But yesterday, the three finalists’ disqualification was revoked by the NRAI and they were awarded team gold (the three girls comprise the Madhya Pradesh team).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, Manisha, Pragati and Shefali could not stake claim to individual medals as the trap finals were over and the medals awarded.